Sunday 18 July 2010

Another year older.

Well, the birthday is over. I'm 27. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I have some sort of cold..... That's not to say I've not had a spiffing week!
Monday - Went to Doncaster to see my lovely family. Brother, sister-in-law, 3 nephews and Grannybasher. Had a lovely tea (my brother is a very good vegetarian chef!) and a Disney Princess cake. Found out oldest nephew got top scores on his SATs which makes me proud and glad he will be in top sets when he goes up to big school in September! Played Mr Potato Head with my middle nephew and gave my tiny nephew his bedtime bottle and had a nice cuddle.
Tuesday - (Sorry Mum if you read this before I talk to you.....) I got a tattoo! It's beautiful. I wont be sharing a picture on the world wide web as I'm very protective of my tattoos. I will however completely recommend Feline Tattoo Studio, in particular Gavin, who has done three wonderful pieces of work over the past 5 years (ish).
Wednesday - This was our nothing day! My tattoo was all sore so we had a mini gym session then sat and watched Weeds (highly recommended) AAAAAALL DAAAAAY LOOOONG!
Thursday - Went to Chesterfield Flea Market then to Hardwick Inn with Joe's Dad (who has the same birthday as me!) and Joe's Grandma. I had an amzing vegetable and goat's cheese bake with MORE veg and potatoes. It was the tastiest ever! Really nice food in a nice old place.... served by scally young girls who all looked like they were doing their work experience! Then we had a walk around the pond and saw some young ducklings with their mummy! They all ran to us thinking we had food but, alas, we didnot! Thursday evening I met up with my work colleagues (minus a few who couldn't make it). We went for £5 pizzas at ViVi's on Ecclesall Road and they surprised me with a Fancie cupcake with a candle! Then we went and had lots of yummy beverages in the horrid but cheap Nursery Tavern and the lovely but expensive Porter Cottage.
When we got in that night, Haylee gave me her present.... Shrek Kinder Eggs!
Friday BIRTHDAY DAY! - Woke up early with a thirst of a thousand deserts courtesy of gin and lemonade. Then it was present time! Joe did goooooood! Toy Story 3 Barbie and Ken, Mickey Mouse Disney Couture necklace, Princess and the Frog Bluray, Mario 64 for my DS (must really finish Zelda!), a box of ponies! (A Brush'n'Grow, 2 Big Brother ponies, a Roller Skating pony and a Rainbow Curl pony) and an Irregulr choice handbag that goes with my lovely lovely shoes! I also got a Mrs potato head, a scary lady brooch and Toy Story sweet from Rachel my oldest buddy. Work got me a cat brooch and flower earrings. There were also lots of cat related cards!
Joe then made me a full English Veggie breakfast and presented me with a yummy looking chocolate cake (still untouched!) and we went to see Inception..... veryu good but alot to comprehend with a little hangover!
Saturday - Had a jaunt into town searching for a new hairdryer as mine smells like fire.... didn't get one so ordered one on the internet. I have grown to love my current one after our 9 years together..... non compare to it :(
Saturday afternoon was spent at my friends' house having a joint birthday celebration which is becoming a yearly tradition!
Sunday - HOORAY! One day until I go back to work and I'M ILL!!!! YAY! Ugh. I feel hideous. Stinging eyes, stuffy nose, banging headache, incredibly tired. Boohoo. Please don't make me go back to work!
Thanks for reading my boring week!

2 comments:

  1. there are some mighty good gifts there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! 27 is very, very young. Hope work isn't too bad for you. Work is a necessary evil, but at least it helps you cherish your free time, perhaps.
    Joey x

    ReplyDelete