Sunday 2 January 2011

Onwards!


Christmas is over!
I had a lovely time, its the first Christmas in about 1o years where I've felt I really belong and that I am part of a family.
We did Christmas Day at our house; presents under the tree, full veggie dinner and sticky toffee pudding for dessert, Christmas family movie (Toy Story 3! Again!)
I got all lovely presents, things I love! And things I need! ( I got baking equipment so I can now make something other than Victoria Sponge which I can make without measuring the ingredients!) Lots of lovely bath products so I've had a very decadent week bathing-wise!
Sadly I got ill ON CHRISTMAS DAY! Boohoo! I think my ear infection weakened my system and I caught a bug off Joe's brother Jake. So I spent the whole week coughing, spluttering and sleeping....
New Year is always garbage! We stayed in, watched Anchorman (very funny! Triggering some spectacular coughing fits!), had a few beers and were asleep by 10.30!

...on to Mad Men.....
I bought my wedding dress! I don't really watch Mad Men, though Joe adores it so I am aware of it and find it a treat for the eyes, but the only way I can describe my wedding dress is a mixture of Betty and Peggy.
I got some lovely money for Christmas which I'm using for my wedding outfit, I'd been spending my ill days in bed scouring the internet for vintage dresses. There are some gorgeous tulle ones but all are TINY, EXPENSIVE and IN AMERICA! So not at all great for me.
The problems with wanting a vintage dress for your wedding is finding the right one and it being tiny so you'll never fit in it or finding a nice one but thinking you'll keep looking then not getting ANYTHING! So I got it. And I can't wait to get it in the post!
Now I have the dilemma of BRIDESMAIDS!
I'm not having a "weddingy" wedding but I have three best friends who are the equivalent of bridesmaids therefore they need to wear something. But I don't want bridesmaid dresses for them and all three are so different anyway.
It's very stressful having a small unweddingy wedding! I can't imagine doing a big wedding!

1 comment:

  1. eeek! Can't wait to see your dress, it sounds perfect!! x

    ReplyDelete