Friday 1 October 2010

What a wild week!

By this cutie pie little picture I'm sure you guessed why the week's been so wild!
On Tuesday, whilst wrestling around in big boxes of wellies at work, my boyfriend phoned me and asked if I wanted to go out for tea.... I said yes thinking he meant the pub or something.
I carried on wrestling shoes and such when he called back and said he'd booked us a table at BBs ( a lovely Italian in Sheffield ). I was so disgusting from my battles with shoes I said I couldn't go as I needed to have a shower and change out of my hideous gardenning/ housework garb that I'd worn for the purpose of shoe wrestling. He seemed so disappointed and I felt so guilty! I also felt bad tht he had to cancel the table and take trade away from BBs! But I said if he booked in at Bella Napoli ( another fine Italian restaurant but nearer to our house) for a little bit later I could shower and stuff and then we could have a nice tea.... so that is what he did.
I met my friend Rachel for a quick iced tea and said I had to dash as we were going out for tea and Joe was being slightly odd (bearing in mind we have NEVER booked a table for just the two of us in our three years together!).
So I went home, had a shower, spruced up a little and we went and had a cheeky drink in the local pub on the way to Bella Napoli. We had a lovely meal and Joe was insistent that I had dessert but I was so stuffed I said I didn't think I could! He kept saying I should so I ordered Tirimisu ( if anyone gets chance to go here you should have this dessert because it ROCKS!!! I've had it a few times and it gets better every time!).... back to the story!
The Tirimisu arrived and I began eating the mountain of whipped cream on top and as I did Joe slid out of his seat and got on his knees! The whole room went fuzzy and I didn't know if he was messing about so was just laughing quite alot throughout his proposal! But I did say yes and the waitress ran over with some little cups of Amaretto and the restaurant owner came over to see us and congratulate us!
He had bought me a ring from the antique centre near our house and it was a perfect fit and beautiful too! So it was a wonderful surprise and even more so when we got in he had a bottle of champagne hidden in the fridge! Even though we were stuffed with food and wine we toasted with champagne and phoned our families!
Joe's Mum thought something terrible had happened because he never phones her, my Mum thought I was pregnant and my brother just laughed hysterically! Pfft!
Now we have to begin the planning... the saving.... the hard bit! I'm useless at organising anything so this will prove to be an interesting process!
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy...it brings a little tear to my eye. Congratulations!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete