Friday 29 October 2010

From pumpkin to pie.

I've been having a smashing week off and it's getting to the end of the week when I think "I don't want to go back to work" :( But Alas! back I must go so I should suck it up and get on with my week.
Today I carved my pumpkin ready for Hallowe'en weekend! I've gone for a traditional Jack-o-lantern face with a cheeky lil' wink. And with the poor guys inners I made chilli roasted seeds which are yummy and potato and pumpkin pie. It's tastiest EVER!
I roasted the pumpkin with whole cloves of garlic and salt and pepper. Then I mixed it into tasty mashed potato and sealed in shortcrust pastry.... Oh yes... and of course I poked little chunks of cheddar into the mixture to create gooey pools of cheese. I had a slice for my lunch and was very pleased with the results!
Other fun stuff I have done this week includes my brother, sister-in-law and three brilliant nephews coming over to play. It was a rainy day outside so we couldn't play at the park so we had lunch and played with toys with the little 'uns and the eldest played Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmares for hours!
I also went to see Despicable Me with a group of friends. It is a very good kids film... I am a fan of kids film because I have never grown up and hope I never will.
I had lunch at Heeley City Farm (again!) with my lovely fiance (we love that place!) and saw all the lovely animals (I really really want some Guinea Pigs).
Last night I went for tea at my oldest buddies. We watched Snow Dogs (has all the things to make a great film... Cuba Gooding Junior... Huskies... Sisqo.... but was very odd!) and talked weddings and babies (not my baby! A friend is pregnant!) then went out for wine and dancing. It was supposed to be 70s/80s/90s at the hideous Leadmill (worst club ever) but when we got there they were playing Cheryl Cole and Justin Beiber! Yick! We had a dance when some older stuff came on then were home for 2 am.
Today has been a pyjama day with pumpkin making and nice long snooze as tomorrow is the "quality over quantity" Hallowe'en party with lots of horror film and snacks!
Hip hip hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment