Monday 21 June 2010

Blackpool Fool.

Today I was given the sad news that Chris Sievey, the creator of Frank Sidebottom, had died. This character had provided much amusement for me and I hope other people too. I remember him on the telly from when I was a child (and we all know I love things from when I was a child!) and found him funny then. His humour was sheer sillyness! Or "daft" as my Dad would have said. There's nothinmg funnier than a frown man behaving like a child... dressing in his best football kit and going to the shops for his mam.
This picture (above) of me was taken many years ago when I went to Manchester and Blackpool for thew weekend with some friends. We hd a great time and I loved this mosaic at Afflecks Palace (which I have been told has been removed now.... which is rubbish!)

I went to see Frank Sidebottom the first Valentine's Day my boyfriend and I celebrated together. It was very funny, had a wonderful atmosphere and I got my photograph taken with him and my friend Nick who won a cardboard puppet of Little Frank! That night I purchased a Frank Sidebottom T-shirt which will be forever cherished and I still have the poster from the night in a frame in my room.
I think its time I got out my Zoo Scrapbook.............

2 comments:

  1. The worst news ever. :(

    As soon as I heard I knew you would be the most upset. I remember when you and Nick went to see him and the fun you had. At least you have those memories.

    Got you a pressie today, so don't be too glum. Got Joe a lil gift too. I miss Gwen I hope she's ok :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete