Tuesday 26 January 2010

Red T Bars make everything feel OK.

I've been really miserable lately with my appearance. I think it's a girl thing. I hate all my clothes. I hate my hair. I hate my face. I generally hate it all.
I get up in the morning, very late most days, crawl out of bed. Wash (vaguely) and perhaps run my fingers through my hair. I leave for work (late) and have to catch the bus. No breakfast. No make up. Poor excuse for an outfit.
Then I get to work, haphazardly attempt to apply make up and struggle through the day. By the time I'm awake (usually 30 minutes into my shift) I see my hideous reflection in the mirror (I work in a shop that has mirrors EVERYWHERE). I hate it! I hate the outfit I've put on. I hate my make up attempt. I hate my gross hair.......
But today I vowed to make a difference. I vowed to make myself feel different. My new Urban Decay eyeshadow arrived in the post yesterday so I did my make up before I left the house. I straightened my hair and put in a sparkly butterfly clip. I wore a nice dress and coloured tights and I even went as far as to open my accessory box!
To top it all off I got to work and treated myself to some new red T Bar shoes! The perks of working in a shoe shop.....
I felt like I looked like a fun person not a drab drippy loser girl!
But then........ I had to go and get antibiotic eyedrops for impending conjunctivitis! My eyeliner ran and it was such horrid drops it went down the back of my throt and I threw up in a bottle of orange juice!
Better luck tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment