Friday 9 October 2009

10th October.


The worst day of my year is today and there's nothing I want to do less than go into work on a Saturday and deal with hoards of angry people with wierd shaped feet. What I want to do is wrap up warm and go out for nice walk, stop by a pub for some dinner then walk home and get in bed and go to sleep.
As is usual with this date, every year, I wake up really early (about 5am) and can't sleep. I am stuck in some sort of strange awake/dream hell and I roll about and my head hurts and I feel incredibly tired in the body but awake in the mind. Then when it is actually time to get up I feel like I'm living inside a big black cloud and I just want to stay there, not get up.
In some ways I'm grateful that things have changed over the years and I'm not the same crumpled up mess lying in bed sobbing for hours but then being on Prozac for over a year is possibly having something to do with that. Oh why oh why did I not book this day off weeks ago. Bloody Saturday rule.
Think about it this way.... in 10 hours I'll be back at home. Jack Daniels in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment