Tuesday 13 April 2010

Holiday activity 2 and 3.

Yesterday I met my sister-in-law and two nephews, Ewan who is 2 1/2 and Daniel who is 5 months. We had a lovely day! We went to see all the Sheffield fountains, the Winter Gardens and the Peace Gardens. I see these things every day and they are lovely but its quite nice to see them through the eyes of a child! He was amazed by everything!
He got to go on this cool ride (as you can see he's super excited by it!) then we went on the Sheffield Big Wheel! (which he was also excited about!) I have to say it was quite scary on the way up..... the first time..... but you get used to it and it was quite fun! Obviously Daniel didn't appreciate the wheel as he can't really look at and say "Ooh look, a balloon" etc but he's so lovely and I got cuddle him when we went for a coffee. I think he likes my bright dresses because he always stares at them mesmerised then grins at me!
One of my favorite bits of that day was a little old lady talking to wan and asked him "is that your baby brother?" to which he simply said "no".... Then Anna made him tell the truth. Oh! Sibling relationships!
After the Big Wheel we met Joe... the lad.... He was too scared to go on the wheel! We had a late afternoon gym session (which I am feeling the burn of now) and I went out with the girls!
It was fun to see them but Sheffield = TOTAL WASHOUT on a Monday. There were hideous wasted fancy dress (BAAAAAD fancy dress) students crawling everywhere. Foul! We made it our mission to find rounds of drinks for 4 people under £5.... which took us to some unholy bars... Players..... Basements..... They are the the lowest of the low. The night ended with a man waggling his chip shop sausage at my oldest chum nd me giggling like a naughty teenager..... very mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment