Monday 29 November 2010

Winter walks.

I awoke this morning at 8am. Joe had already left early for work and I was all alone.
I climbed onto the chair in the window and looked out and the world was covered in snow! It was a veritable blizzard! I was super excited but also a little sad. My brother and two youngest nephews were going to come over and play but I didn't want my brother driving in his silly James Bond car so text to cancel! (good job because he said it took him an hour to do the usually 20 minutes school run for my older nephew!)
So, with my day of playing canceled and Joe not here to play either I decided to go for a walk. Sadly by the time I was ready it was now longer snowing but the paths were a crunchy snowy delight to walk on!
I dressed up at snuggly as I could and set off on my journey. I walked through General Cemetery, one of my most favourite places to go in Sheffield. It was beautiful. I walked right up to the mausoleum and looked at all the huge monuments all covered in snow. I did the splits too walking down the hill! Luckily I didn't fully fall over and there was no one to see me!
I think my poor old legs were the coldest they have ever been!
I had a coffee and did a spot of Christmas shopping but the charity shops were rather fruitless today. I only got a little pot cat for 25p.
Now I'm trying to be warm in my house but it's not going so great!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture.....hee hee Joe told me about you doing the splits!

    xx

    ReplyDelete